1. Pista shells. Collect enough shells. Wash and dry them.
2. Take a small square card board piece for each flower.
3. Play dough. I got this in dollar store. With a pack of one, we can make upto 4 or 5 flowers.
4. Glue, u get 3 bottles for a dollar.
5. Paint. You can use any kind of paint. I used nail polish to paint the flowers. I bought few shades in dollar store.
STEPS TO MAKE PISTA SHELL FLOWERS
1. Take a small piece of play dough in a round shape and stick it on the center of the card board piece.
2. Apply Glue on the center of the dough and stick the shells in the form of a bud. Stick an other round of shells around the bud. Repeat the same process until you get a flower shape.
3. Wipe out the extra glue. Let the flowers dry for a day. Cut out the extra card board. Stick a thick thread on the back of the flower to hang them.
4. When the flower is completely dried, paint it. You can paint a flower in double shade according to your taste. Apply 2 coats of paint for a rich color. Decorate according to your taste.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Salt 5 tbsp
Cumin Seeds 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds 1 tbsp (Methi seeds)
Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder 4 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies 3
1. Wash the lemons and pat them dry. Take 3 lemons and squeeze the juice and keep it aside. Cut the remaining lemons into small pieces. Take a glass container and mix the lemon pieces with the squeezed lemon juice and salt with a dry spoon. Mix thoroughly and close the container with a tight lid. Keep the container aside for a week to 10 days until the lemons become soft. It depends on the thickness of the lemon skin.
Note: Make sure to use enough salt to avoid fungus.
2. Dry roast cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds. Grind them into a smooth powder. Add this powder and red chilli powder to the lemon pieces and mix well with a dry spoon. Keep the container closed for an other 3 to 4 days to let the lemon pieces absorb all the flavors
3. Heat oil in a pan, do the seasoning. Bring it to a room temperature before adding it to the pickle. Mix well and serve with hot rice and dal or with curd rice. Enjoy.