Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Mirchi Ka Salan
This Chilli gravy usually accompanies biryani.This is the first time i made an attempt to make it..it came out soo gud...:)
8 Long Chillies(Mirchi)
1/2 tbsp Corriander Powder
1/2 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 t bsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
3 cups Curd(fresh yogurt)
4 tbsp Tamarind juice
1/2 inch Cinnamon
1 big Onion (Suate these Onions and keep aside)
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
4 tbsp Sesame seeds
1/4 cup roasted coconut powder
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1. Take chillies, split them open and remove the seeds inside. Keep the stem intact and deep fry them in hot oil.Keep aside
2. Grind all the salan ingredients into a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a wide pan, add cinnamon, cloves and the salan paste. Fry the salan paste for 15 minutes. Make sure that the
paste does not stick to the pan. Add water and keep stirring in between.
4. Add curd and let it cook for some time. Then add tamarind pulp, salt and water if needed. Cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add fried chillies and let the gravy come to a boil. Garnish with Cilantro.