Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Today i made Egg Puffs for my dad...love u dad.
1 Pack Puff Pastry
6 Hard boiled Eggs
3 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1 carrot (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tbsp oil
1. Keep the puff pastry sheets outside the fridge before half an hour to begin the procedure.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. When they become soft add chopped tomatoes and chopped carrot. When they are fully cooked add red chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder. Keep it aside.
3. Cut the boiled eggs into half.
4. Take a puff pastry sheet, put a tbsp of prepared curry and a half boiled egg. Close it and press the edges. Repeat the procedure for the remaing puffs.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degree and bake it for 20 mins. In between turn the eggs on the other side if necessary. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
As my parents are here to help me with the baby, my mom is preparing different kinds of food for my hubby. This is one of her dishes.
1 cup Chana Dal
4 Green chillies (Chopped finely)
1 inch ginger (Chopped finely)
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
Chopped Curry leaves
Oil for deep fry
1. Soak Chana dal for 3 to 4 hrs. Keep 2 tbsp of soaked dal aside and grind the remaining dal coarsely.
2. Mix all the remaining ingredients and kept aside soaked dal with the grinded dal.
3. Heat oil for deep frying. Take a small amount of mixture on your hand and pat it into a small round. Deep fry in the oil. Serve hot and njoy.