Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cabbage Chutney



I am a great fan of chutneys. My ammamma makes all different kinds of them. Each one of them tastes awesome as if there is a magical spell on them. I love chutneys in my curd rice and had it today...:)

INGREDIENTS
Cabbage 1/2 lb
Chopped Onion 2 tbsp
Green chillies 4
Cumin Seeds 1/2 tbsp
Garlic 3 pods
Tamarind extract 1 tbsp
Oil 1/2 tbsp
salt

SEASONING INGREDIENTS

Oil 1tsp
Mustard Seeds 1tbsp
Cumin Seeds 1 tbsp
Urad dal 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli 1
Curry leaves few



PREPARATION

1. Chop Cabbage and fry it with onion till it is cooked. Keep it aside. In the same pan, fry cumin seeds and garlic pods. Grind all these together with salt and tamarind extract. Grind coarsely.

2. Do the seasoning in a small pan and add the grinded chutney to it and mix well. Serve with hot rice or curd rice.

1 comment:

essay best said...

Cabbage chutni? I wonder how would it taste as I am not a big promoter of cabbage. Anyways thanks for sharing the recipe, will be showing this to my mother, may be she likes it