Monday, May 26, 2008
Potato and Peas Kurma (Alu and Peas Kurma)
3 Boiled and peeled potatoes
1/2 Cup peas
1 Medium sized Onion
4 Green Chillies
1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
2 small bay leaves.
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1/2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Corriander Powder
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Poppy seeds
1 tbsp Coconut powder
1/2 cup Yogurt
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaves. Fry for half minute. Add Green chillies and chopped onions. Fry until Golden brown colour.
2. Add turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
3. Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry for a while. Cut the potatoes into small pieces
and add them with red chilli powder.
4. Microwave the peas till they are cooked and add them.
5. Add Corriander and Cumin Powder. Grind poppy seeds and coconut powder together and add it. Put some water and cook till the mixture becomes thick. This may take upto 10 minutes. Add salt accordingly.
6. Add Yogurt and mix it. Let it simmer for an other 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro.