Monday, May 26, 2008

Cluster Beans Curry / Mattikaya Kura

This Curry is a great combination with Jonna rotti and my dad loves it. As I am staying far away from my parents I always think about them. Each dish I prepare brings back a lot of memories associated with them and my dear brother. I made this curry thinking about you naannaa...



INGREDIENTS

Cluster Beans 2 cups(lengthwise chopped)
Onion 1
Poppy seeds 1 1/2 tbsp
Coconut Powder 2 tbsp
Garlic Pods 4
Red Chilli powder 1 tbsp
Salt

SEASONING INGREDIENTS

Oil 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp
Chana Dal 1 tbsp
Curry leaves few
Red Chilli 2

PREPARATION

1. Pressure cook the beans for just 1 whistle. Make sure that they are not over cooked.

2. Heat oil in a wide pan. Do the seasoning. Add onions. Cook till the onions are soft and tender. Mean while Grind poppy seeds and Coconut powder together into a fine powder. Then add the garlic pods to the mixer and grind again. Add this whole mixture to the cooked onions. Add Red chilli powder and salt. Mix it well

3. Add the cooked Cluster beans and Mix well. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Garnish with Cilantro.

No comments: